Tuesday 14 August 2012

桜井莉菜: Sakurina Smokey Eye Tutorial

If you frequently follow Koakuma Ageha(小悪魔アゲハ) or Sakurina's blog you will know that Rina changes her makeup style frequently. She has natural makeup, fairy style and rock style.

Rina's recent makeup is a lot lighter than what she would wear last year, and I am personally still debating whether or not I am fond of her new makeup look. On some days I like it and in some shots it just does not work for me. 




The above picture is one of my favourite makeup looks from Sakurina. You can tell it is very dark and rock looking and great for a party or night out (or if you want you can wear it in the daytime too!). 

My method most likely is not the way Rina does her makeup but the outcome is similar. It looks lighter in my photos because the camera has washed away most of the makeup. Therefore it is a good idea to keep in mind that if you are doing this makeup for filming or taking photos you may want to make it super duper dark and use super pigmented products (though if you are going out and you do this it make look like you wore way too much). 

Before starting: Many of us would have come across this misconception at least once in our lives. That is, when we look at a makeup tutorial, we will think that we will look "exactly like that". Unfortunately without photoshop or plastic surgery, we will not look like Sakurina by just following a simple makeup tutorial. 

Another note is that I do not put what products I use in the tutorial, because the tools don't matter 90% of the time. I don't want people to get super caught up on having to buy "exactly" what I be able to do this. For anyone that is curious, I will list them at the bottom of the page. 

Now let's get started!

Base Makeup


A. Foundation (powder optional)
B. Concealer
C. Under eye concealer (or normal concealer is ok)
D. Nose Shadow/Brown eyeshadow



E. Champagne Eyeshadow
F. Black Eyeshadow
G. Eyebrow Pencil
H. Black Eyeliner Pencil
I. Liquid Liner Black (optional)
J. Mascara
K. Eyelashes
L. Eyelash glue

Click here to enlarge



Eyelashes: For eyelashes, Rina uses her own production: Fairy Lash. You can use whatever you like, pick something similar or use the ones she does.


Lips


The easiest step of them all! Apply a warm pink lipstick (and I guess gloss if you must). 



That's it!



As you can see I don't look like Rina ^ww^



Photoshop plus filter on iphone haha
What it looks like without lenses




xoxo

Mickey



List of products I used:
Kevin Beautymaker All-in-One BB Cream
Australia 4 in 1 Corrector
Benefit Ooh-la-lift
Diamond Nose Powder - Princess Nose
Face of Australia Eyeshadow
Missha Eyeshadow
Maybelline Eyebrow Pencil
Missha Eyeliner Pencil
Revlon Colourstay Liquid Liner
L'oreal Paris Double Extension Beauty Tubes Technology Mascara
Jewerich Lashes
Diamond Lash Baby Lash
DUO eyelash glue
Maybelline Lipstick
GEO Medical CP-A4






2 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase your contact lenses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey michelemania,

      Sorry for the late reply. I usually get my lenses from shoppingholics.com or mukuchu but with these ones, I actually purchased it from a random site I found through google nearly 2 years ago.

      Unfortunately it was a once off thing from that site so I don't remember where it was from but there is an Australian store that opened recently called PandaSparks(http://www.facebook.com/PandaSparks), you can ask them if they have any in stock.
      Likewise you can have a google around for GEO CP-A4 lenses (since GEO Medical has an anti-fake system, you can enter the digits that come with your lenses to see if they are real ones).

      Hope that helps a bit >_<

      Delete